So I know you probably have a bazillion asks about what the title means and who's on the cover and other such things but I have a different question: Do you know when we will be able to pre-order Blue Lily, Lily Blue?
I do indeed have many such asks and surely my followers must know I will only laugh hilariously and meanly at anything remotely spoilery.
You know you said that Seven Stories will do signed UK pre-orders, when that happens can you like plaster the news all over the universe (aka Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter, that's the whole universe, right?) because I'm scared they will sell out and that will never do and I may just be so upset that I combust and turn into dust and needless to say dust can't read so it's just a never-ending cycle of sadness and despair. Thank you.
I will make sure they have plenty and plenty and plenty of signed custom bookplates so that every pre-order from Seven Stories will get one.
Do not turn into dust. One should never take a form so easily vacuumed.
1. Wearing white sunglasses with green mirrored lenses, because someone has to.
2. Climbing hills in appropriate footwear.
3. Descending into caves in appropriate footwear.
4. Checking in on Glendower’s fam, seeing how they’ve been doing, oh hey how have the centuries been treating you?
5. Seeing a ghost.
6. A white lady, to be precise.
7. Probably sitting at a church on St. Mark’s Eve with my father overnight because it’s fun to see him creeped out after the whole white lady thing and Lover is too chicken and in fear of his immortal soul and whatnot.
8. Getting stomach flu but deciding it doesn’t matter in the greater scheme of the plan because life is short so get out there, Stiefvater.
9. Researching and stealing life stories and all that. I have directions from a Welshman to a church that makes you “feel strange” to look at, so I bet that is happening today.
10. Probably driving and driving and driving from the middle of nowhere to the Waterstones in Carmarthen today to see if they have any copies of my books for me to sneakily sign.
I haven’t been in the UK without a tour schedule for a decade, and it’s quite amazing to be in the country I love doing things only for me, especially with the whole flu thing.
The planet we live on, with all its natural spectacularity, is probably the most magnificent thing we can ever experience. We shouldn’t take it for granted. We shouldn’t think of environment problems as petty or that nothing can be done to solve them. The nature was here before us. We depend on it. It makes this planetary home what it is.
Learn how to be nature friendly. We can make this place better if we are willing to. I am glad that Earth Day reminds this internationally and annually. (GIFs: headlikeanorange, gifdrome, sci-universe)